Healthy chocolate muffins
Healthy Butt Busting Banana-Chocolate Muffins
So here we go again with another healthy dessert recipe. This one has another twist for you. We call it butt busting because technically it is in the category of fat burning foods, it is our healthy chocolate muffins. Since we already have a fat burning brownie , that you can add to your arsenal of fat burning foods, we wanted to be original to this website and we named it Butt Busting Banana Chocolate muffins.
No matter the name our butt busting, fat burning muffin is delicious. Since we use almond meal it is also gluten free. This recipe makes makes 8 muffins. I dont like to double recipes, but if you need more of these Healthy chocolate muffins I suggest making 2 batches of these fat burning foods. If you think these healthy chocolate muffins are awesome check out even more at Healthy Dessert Recipes.
- 2 1/4 cups almond meal
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 3 medium very ripe bananas, sliced, plus extra slices for topping
- 2 tsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. slivered almonds, for topping
- Preheat oven to 300°F, and line 8 muffin pans with muffin papers. If you do not have muffin papers you can coat the pan with olive oil.
- Mix the almond meal, baking powder, cayenne and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a food processor, combine eggs, honey, and bananas for 5 minutes, or until pale and fluffy. Pour over almond meal and stir until just combined.
- Place 1/3 batter into a separate bowl and stir in cacao. To create the chocolate centre, pour half the batter into the muffin pans, then dollop a tablespoon of cacao batter on top. Then, pour remaining plain batter on top to cover cacao.
- Top with slivered almonds.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 40-45 minutes until a skewer or wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let rest in muffin tray for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
If you wanted to add an extra crunch to these healthy chocolate muffins you can also add crushed walnuts to the recipe. The amount of walnuts would be your preference. Once they are cooked enjoy these fat burning foods.